The Funny Thing about Hospitilizations

From now on, I'll always carry deodorant in my purse.

Details: One afternoon I spiked a 104.5 fever, with a jackhammer headache, and vomiting. Blah blah blah, I spent 4 days in the hospital. And then it happened again a month later.

The funny thing about unexpectedly arriving at a hospital for 4 days is that you have nothing you need with you. And the list of things you need is weird. When my husband brought me things from home he brought one t-shirt and a sports bra. On the way to visit me he remembered that I asked for deodorant. So he stopped at a gas station and grabbed me some Old Spice.

I complained to my Future Wife about this and she showed up hours later with yoga pants, two more shirts, easy bras, a hair brush, face wash and lotion, my OWN deodorant, great smelling hand lotion, hair spray, scented body wash, a Norwex body washcloth and one of my journals.

The weird thing about being in the hospital for days and days and days, is that you really want to go home. But you need to get better. And if you're a mom, you have a different level of function than the hospital nurses are expecting. The first time I went home I spent the next day sorting and cleaning out my kids' bedroom, moving furniture, packing boxes, taking garbage bags out to the driveway.

Which might be why I ended up right back in the ER 4 weeks later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Funny Thing about Physical Therapy

The Funny Thing about Getting Better